How To Speed-Up Libre Office Startup and Disable the Splash Screen
1. Head to Applications > Office > LibreOffice Word Processor for Ubuntu (Linux)
2. Or just click LibreOffice shortcut for Windows
3. The LibreOffice Word Processor is now open. Head to the Tools menu and select Options. The Options window is now open.
Or you may also use sudo to get the latest Libre for your Ubuntu Linux:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
1. Highlight Memory on the left panel, change the RAM settings as shown below.
2. Reduce the number of Undo steps to a number lower than 100. I choose 20 steps.
3. Under Graphics cache, set Use for LibreOffice to 128 MB (up from the 6MB).
4. Increase Memory per object to 20MB (up from .5MB).
5. Set the number of objects under Cache for inserted objects at 20.
6. At your own risk, you can enable or disable the quickstarter for Libre. I prefer to disable it myself. To permit it, check LibreOffice Quickstarter.
1. Choose Java on the left panel
2. Uncheck “Use a Java runtime environment”
1. Hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc and click File then hit Run.
2. In the Run dialog box type msconfig and look for the open-office entry.
3. Uncheck it, then hit OK.
4. Restart your PC and you’re good to go.
1. Go to your default LibreOffice directory, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 5\
2. Go further directly to C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 5\program\
3. Locate soffice.ini.
4. Open it with your text editor like Notepad++ and find the word Logo=1.
5. Change the value from 1 to 0, which will show Logo=0.
6. An alternative of doing this is through the command line. Type using the command line – “C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 5\program\swriter.exe” -nologo
1. Right click on top-left Applications and choose Edit Menus.
2. Then choose Office from the left panel.
3. Hit “LibreOffice Calc” (same for other LibreOffice icons).
4. Hit the Properties button.
5. In your Command window the default value is: libreoffice -calc %U
6. Change this in Command to add -nologo switch so now it is: libreoffice -calc -nologo %U
7. Close the open window and restart Libre from Application > Office > LibreOffice Calc.
8. Splash Screen will no longer appear.
1. Go edit the “sofficerc”-file via gedit
2. Type /etc/libreoffice/officerc.
3. Next, you have to change the variable Logo to 0 which will show:
4. Save the file and you’re done.
That should boost LibreOffice up and let you do your homework without the hiccups. Restart LibreOffice and voila! Chop off more than 10 seconds off the loading time. Happy Tweaking!