This is a guide on How To speed-up Mozilla Firefox to super fast performance. Firefox still ranks as one of the best browsers in the world with over half a billion users since 2014. This top open-source browser is a must-have and a perfect alternative to Windows IE and Edge but slow performance and speed still hounds the gecko based project. In the steps below, we will help you speed-up your favorite Firefox browser.
We highly advice you to practice careful discretion as setting maximum connections (such as in network pipelining) to an extremely high value may lead you to being blocked by certain website operators working on limited bandwidth. Also, the network pipeline tweaks work best for superbly fast internet connections like Fiber and Cable. If you still rely on dial-up, it is best to keep the pipeline connections to bare minimum.
First fire-up your Firefox browser.
- In the address or url bar, type
- then press Enter.
From here on you will notice a search bar with which you can type-in the parameters we need to change for a faster firefox.
For majority of the parameters, double-clicking on the settings will bring-up a window where you can change numerical values. For boolean options (true or false), double-clicking changes true to false and vice versa.
Firefox Network Pipelining
- Type in network.http.pipe
This will bring-up the following parameters, change them to these values:
- network.http.pipelining – true
- network.http.pipelining.aggressive – true
- network.http.pipelining.ssl – true
- network.http.pipelining.maxrequests 50
Then go on, type and change the following to the corresponding values
- network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server 10
- network.http.max-connections – 256
- network.http.max-connections-per-server – 16
- network.http.keep-alive.timeout 175
- network.http.request.timeout – 300
- network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy – 50
- network.http.proxy.pipelining – true
Enable Firefox HTTP Cache
- browser.cache.use_new_backend 1
Clear Firefox Memory Usage
- Go back to the url bar and type in
Below you will see a button under Free Memory called Minimize memory usage, click it to free-up memory from Firefox.
Optional Memory Tweak
Some prefer RAM over HDD cache. In here you can test this nifty setting if you have ample amounts of RAM. If you prefer using the HDD Cache, you may skip this method. The value 100000 is equivalent to 100 megabytes of Memory.
- browser.cache.memory.enable true
- browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size 100000
Other Speed Tweaks in about:config
- network.dns.disableIPv6 – true
- browser.tabs.animate – false
- browser.display.show_image_placeholders – false
posted February 24, 2016 by THE11thROCK for TeraBlitz.com
FAIR USE DISCLAIMER: The following data is for educational, scholarship review and archiving purposes only. By viewing this information, you release the website and its authors from any responsibility or liabilities. Though we verify and maintain the accuracy of the provided data, the absence of unintented typographical and factual errors cannot be guaranteed. Use the page at your own risk. For any suggestions, updates, credits or correction requests, Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sale! Out of stock
Outdoor Fashionable Survival Leather Metal Buckle Bracelet$8.99 Select options
Geek Retro Mini Pocket Game Console 3.0 Inch NES 8-Bit 168 Games
TeraBlitz Steam Header Custom Grid Gloss Pack Download